The Perfect Manicure at Home
Type of Tools: All Fingernail Clippers
- Remove any old nail polish thoroughly.
- Clip your nails straight across using a Seki Edge nail clipper or nail scissors. Cut a number of small cuts rather than a large single cut. Cut nails to a length that suits your preference. Cutting nails straight across will help to prevent ingrown nails.
- When necessary, clip hangnails off using a Seki Edge nipper or cuticle scissor, leaving a slight angle outward. Never pull off hangnails - doing so almost always results in ripping living tissue. Transfer hands to a bowl of warm water and soak for a few minutes then dry.
- Follow with filing your nail with a Seki Edge nail file. File nails in one direction only (right to left or left to right). Avoid using a seesaw motion. The most popular nail shape to use is oval, but chooses what is most suited to your hand and finger shape.
- After filing, push back cuticle and remove dead cuticle debris. See Cuticle Care for specifics on how to use all our Seki Edge cuticle tools to give your cuticles the finishing touch.
- Apply a base coat to each nail and give it time to dry.
- Apply polish, cleaning up any stray marks with a cotton swab dipped in polish remover. Add a second coat for deeper colour.
- Complete the manicure with a top coat of clear polish.
MAINTANENCE: Sanitize all of your Seki Edge tools (wash with mild soap & water) and dry them promptly. Store them away in a secure & dry place until the next manicure.